Saturday, March 1, 2014

Is this for real? Please tell me it's not.

A link to Valerie's Strauss's Washington Post blog The Answer Sheet was making the rounds on my Facebook feed yesterday. I was honestly waiting and hoping for someone to refute it and say that it was all some satirical stunt produced by The Onion.

Alas, no one has come forward yet to claim that this is all a hoax:
A video that shows why teachers are going out of their minds

I would have paid money to see/hear someone in that room say, "Are you seriously for real? I wouldn't teach my students this way and I can't believe you have the audacity to stand here and patronize professionals this way. We're closing schools left and right, yet the district paid to fly you here and treat us like children? Peace out."

I weep for my profession, I really do. When was it decided that teachers didn't deserve to be treated like professionals? That our voice deserves to be disregarded? Instead of all the top-down bureaucracy, we need to start thinking about a bottom-up grass roots revolution. We need to find a way to make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment