Friday, January 23, 2015

Celebrate Moments of Contentment

Tonight I was sitting at the kitchen table doing some work when I felt compelled to get up and turn the lamp on in the other room because the view around the corner makes me smile.
Around the corner

I know it may seem shallow to find contentment in a thing, a material possession, but to me this thing is so much more than just a new toy. It symbolizes so much for me in my life journey: the fact that I am finding the courage to sit back down and play again after many years away, finding joy as my fingers move across the keys when all that I felt for many years was emotional pain, seeing this beautiful instrument that I've always dreamed of owning sitting contentedly in my house like she was always meant to be there -- it's a beautiful thing.


Celebrate This Week was established by Ruth Ayres

15 comments:

  1. Not shallow at all! I think it is an amazing thing to celebrate! Great things are going to happen between you and those keys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful thing, indeed. I'm glad you keep coming back to your piano, mining the topic in a rich and powerful way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding courage, joy, contentment...all wonderful things to recognize as you shed light on what means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful view! I love that you are finding joy in coming back to playing piano. There is so much emotional power in music. It is a beautiful piano!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not shallow at all! Music has an all-powerful healing quality and I'm happy you have this opportunity, right in your own home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you! Music is a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, and not shallow at all. May your days be filled with music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly, one of the most beautiful pics online. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Music is so much bigger than the piano, embrace your new toy, embrace the music and drink in its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your posts when you finally got your piano, Beth. This is a lovely post about it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This photo really captures the mood of that room. Lovely all around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember the post when this was delivered. Not shallow. It's not just a thing. It's a tool to create something so lovely. And it is quite lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This piano is a symbol of so much and I love when you write about it!!! It always makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. I think it is so important to find things that center us and make our souls shine!

    ReplyDelete