Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Let's have a conversation, shall we?

Hello everyone!

Welcome to my new blogging project.

My name is Beth Shaum. Some of you might already know me from my other blog, A Foodie Bibliophile in Wanderlust, where I write about food, books, travel and also sometimes my life as an English teacher.

The impetus for this blog came from a graduate class I am wrapping up this winter semester at Eastern Michigan University entitled: Writing, Public Policy, and Public Writing. The goal of the class is to find ways to give teachers a voice in a time when policy makers are using teachers as scapegoats for all that is wrong with education.

I want to focus on all that is RIGHT with education because if we don't start celebrating our most valuable resource, our TEACHERS, then who is going to want to do this job anymore?

In the next few days and weeks, I hope this blog will begin taking shape and we can start having a conversation about how to bring teachers into the discussion of helping to make real change for the better.

To find out more about this project, head over to the About section.

No comments:

Post a Comment